Peabody Award Winner, LESLIE STIFELMAN is a multi-talented performer and arts & entertainment executive in both non-profit and for-profit arenas, with a diverse career as a music director, conductor, pianist, producer and consultant. She is known for her extensive creative collaborations and partnerships, and is a prolific creator of music education initiatives for children and adults of all ages. Her work spans the world of music through performances, recordings, television and films extending from the concert hall to Broadway, and her projects have been awarded the highest honors in the arts and media including the Peabody®, Grammy® and Tony® Awards. Ms. Stifelman has vast experience in programming, production, and financial management of complex artistic projects and she is a skilled fundraiser, communicator, and innovator.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Concert and recording career spanning over three decades, collaborating with some of the world’s most esteemed orchestras, performers, choreographers, directors and recording companies.
• Held various leadership positions including Music Director, Executive Director, Executive Producer and Music Supervisor managing teams of up to 100 people.
• Raised significant funds for numerous for-profit and non-profit enterprises from individual, government, corporate and foundation sources.
• Managed and partnered with Board of Directors and C-Suite Executives to create and execute strategic initiatives.
• Designed and executed award-winning educational initiatives for HBO®, Carnegie Hall and many other non-profit organizations that included television programming, recordings, concerts and master classes, professional development programs, community engagement partnerships and arts & education resource assessments.
EDUCATION AND ASSOCIATIONS
Mannes College, Master of Music, Piano Performance, 1984
New England Conservatory of Music, Bachelor of Music, Piano Performance, 1982
Music for All, Board of Directors 2007-2009
Steinway Artist, 1992 – Present
Leslie’s Piano studies:
John Perry, Patricia Zander, Nina Svetlanova, Jerome Lowenthal,Victor Rosenbaum, Jean Barr
Leslie’s Chamber Music studies:
Eugene Lehner, John Heiss, Felix Galimir
Leslie’s Orchestral Conducting studies:
Marin Alsop, Gary Fagin
Leslie’s Festival Training:
Aspen Music Festival Fellowship Pianist
Tanglewood Young Artist Program
Music Academy of the West
Eastern Music Festival